Double click here to add text.
“You matter to the last moment of your life, and we will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but to live until you die.”
Dame Cicely Saunders
Founder of Hospice in London, England
A Community Where Every Day of Life Matters
Hospice care is available for patients with a life-limiting illness, with the focus on providing comfort and caring, not curing. It is a special kind of care for people at the end of their lives, as well as for their families and their caregivers, and allows the dying person to experience the end of life in an atmosphere of love, concern and comfort.
Patients who choose hospice have decided to change cure for comfort. Thus, the main medical focus becomes symptom management, including pain control and making sure the patient is comfortable. Hospice helps people have the best possible quality of life in the final period of their life.
Choosing hospice care does not mean giving up on life. It is a way to gain back a quality of life by carrying out your final days with a purpose.
- Hospice treats the physical needs of patients as well as their emotional and spiritual needs.
- Hospice is provided in the patient's home, or in a residential or long term care setting.
- Hospice concentrates on making patients as free of pain and as comfortable as they want to be so they can make the most of the time that remains to them.
- Hospice supports family members as an essential part of its care.
- Hospice believes the quality of life is as important as the length of life.
If you are interested in requesting services call
719-336-2100 and one of our team members will be glad to talk to you.
Lamar Area Hospice ® 108 W Olive St. PO Box 843 Lamar, CO 81052